Australia’s Sheepskins are one of natures most remarkable gifts. They are an ultimate luxury in whatever form they are used. Australia produces the best sheepskins in the world.
Below are the benefits of using products from Australia Sheepskin:
- Australian Sheepskin is a natural sleeping aid for a better nights rest and an excellent source of comfort
- It stimulates the blood circulation and the immune system supporting the relaxation and regeneration of the body
- Studies have confirmed that Sheepskin or Wool reduces the incidence of pressure ulcers by 58 percent
- Sheepskin can help to soothe the discomforts caused by arthritis, hip displacement, slipped disks, stiffness, and other ailments
- Nothing soothes the body and reduces body fatigue like Australian Sheepskin. Australian Sheepskin’s naturally crimped fibres form a springy, cushioned support that cradles your body; it relieves pressure points, muscle aches and pain
- Australian Medi Sheepskins have very dense, soft, springy and resilient wool fibres which provide a cushion to distribute and relieve pressure at vulnerable pressure points on the patient's body. The wool fibres have a low friction of coefficient that provides a soft and smooth surface to reduce strain on the patient's skin and sheer forces on the underlying tissue. This also provides support to the body and allows air to flow freely.
- Australian Medical Sheepskin can absorb up to 34% of its dry weight in moisture without feeling damp. It rapidly dissipates this moisture away from the source to alleviate discomfort to immobile patients from perspiration, thus reducing moisture build up at pressure points. These features make Australian Medical Sheepskins very comfortable to sit or lie on and keep the patient dry and cool - even in tropical climates.
- Australian Medical Sheepskin can be machine-washed or dry-cleaned. Washing instructions are included with every sheepskin.
- Australian Sheepskin contains no harmful dyes or chemicals of any kind. Only a small amount of chemical is used in the tanning of the skin on the back. Also, since Sheepskin is resistant to flame and static-electricity, there is no need for added fire retardants. Sheepskin rugs are thick and soft on their own, so there is no need for a high chemical padding underneath it.
- Sheepskin is gentle on your skin because it contains lanolin, a basic substance similar to that found in human skin. It has been known for centuries that the lanolin in natural Sheepskin provides it with a self-cleaning quality when the sheepskin is hung in fresh air. It is known to repel dirt and bacteria, and therefore has been used for the protection and treatment of human skin.
- Australian Sheepskin absorbs sweat immediately and can submit it into the air seven times faster than synthetic materials.
- Footwear made of Sheepskin is durable, warm and trendy. Sheepskin is able to wick away moisture from the feet, ensuring that they stay dry and comfortable no matter the weather - a truly unique benefit.